Scope of Work
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Understands and complies with Siemens and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure the work permit system is complied with.
- Ensure safe site and practices.
- Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings.
- Suggest safety improvements.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer's recommendations and good practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on the products and various equipment associated with primary package.
- Must be able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations, and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production.
- Provide timely and daily reports to the relevant manager on on-going projects or daily work.
- Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurate feedback and communication to pre-planned report format.
- Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable to customer representatives.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems.
- Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost.
- Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Provide short to medium term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance and commissioning of plant.
- Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance.
- Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner
- Ensure major interventions are planned, executed on schedule and within commercial orders.
- Reports to Field Service Operations Manager.