Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: Strategy Development:
- Identify policy and practice change, on the basis of Save the Children’s experience, that would promote and protect the rights of children.
- Support in formulating key advocacy messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation on WASH, child Protection, Food security et al
- Ensure that voices of children form the basis of Save the Children’s advocacy strategy.
- Acquire information and understanding of social policy and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Maintain a strategic overview of issues affecting child Nutrition, monitoring trends in the external environment and inputting to organisational strategy and planning processes.
- Ensure Save the Children visibility is seen in the state
- Actively participate in all Save the Children and CSO Coalition driven activities in the state
- Establish as well as sustain existing synergy among coalition
- Engage with the state and local governments in policies review when needed
- Facilitate meetings of the coalition groups
- Prepare monthly reports of activities carried out
- Support any other Save the Children-led activities as may be required
- In collaboration with Field Coordinaotor, represent Save the Children with local authorities at the LGA level: Local Government Authorities, Religious and traditional leaders
Objective 2: Influencing:
- Develop good knowledge of local and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them.
- Initiate and support lobbying, communications and other activities to inform and persuade policy makers, including donors and politicians, of the value of Save the Children’s policy recommendations.
- Support in building systems for research, analysis and documentation that underpin evidence based advocacy and influencing at state and national levels.
- Develop a feedback mechanism for communicating Save the Children programmes
- Produce reports, briefing papers and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed.
Objective 3: Collaboration & Representation:
- Develop and sustain strategic relationships with other agencies engaged in advocacy and policy work.
- Support in maintaining a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media.
- Support in facilitating capacity building of staff from Save the Children and partner agencies in advocacy and communications.
- Represent Save the Children at various policy forums and advocacy opportunities at state and LGA levels, as directed.
- As a spokesperson for Save the Children to a variety of external audiences including policy makers and the media, as directed.
Objective 4: Programme Development:
- Provide technical support on voice and community mobilization to State programme team
- Develop a community mobilisation strategy in collaboration with the team and ensure implementation
- Train and mentor Local consultants – Community support
- In collaboration with the rest of the programme team prepare and facilitate trainings
- Participate in the preparation or review of programme monitoring and evaluation tools where necessary
- Ensure correct use of programme monitoring and evaluation (recording) tools, including analysis
Follow this link to apply
Job ID: 190000XL
Employee Status: Fixed Term